Facials & Peels
Are you looking for glowing, radiant skin but aren’t sure where to start? Facials and chemical peels are highly effective skin rejuvenation treatments that can reset and rebalance your complexion to achieve a smooth, natural-looking glow, advanced hydration and deep cleansing.
What Are Facials & Peels?
Facials and peels share some similar characteristics, with one main distinction: facials use a variety of skin serums and topical antioxidants to rejuvenate the skin, while chemical peels use alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) and other natural acids to peel away the outermost layer of skin, revealing the fresh, brighter layer underneath.
Facials & Peels at Sarasota Facial Aesthetics
The highly skilled and experienced team of skin care professionals here at Sarasota Facial Aesthetics is dedicated to providing personalized treatment plans to help women and men in Southwest Florida and beyond achieve their cosmetic goals. We are proud to offer the most advanced treatment options available in our state-of-the-art facility.
If you are interested in learning more about us or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our highly trained professionals, please feel free to contact us online or call our Sarasota office at 941-955-8384.
Areas of Treatment
Facials and peels can treat a variety of skin concerns on the face, neck and décolletage, including:
- Lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Dull, lackluster complexion
- Clogged pores, blackheads and whiteheads
- Sun damage and dark spots
- Acne scars
Am I a Candidate?
You could be a great candidate for facials or peels if you are looking for a smoother, brighter and more even skin tone and texture using a non-invasive approach.
Those with very sensitive skin types, rosacea, acne-prone skin and darker skin tones are at a greater risk of side effects like hyperpigmentation, discoloration and inflammation. Work with one of our knowledgeable skin care professionals to choose a gentle facial or peel that could be appropriate for your skin type and needs.
How Facials & Peels Work
Facials and peels work by stimulating collagen production and natural cell renewal, providing antioxidant protection against free radical damage and safely and gently exfoliating the skin for a bright, refreshed look. Each type of facial and chemical peel will work slightly differently and is aimed at treating slightly different concerns.
- HydraFacial® MD HydraFacial uses patented technology to cleanse, extract and hydrate your skin. HydraFacial super serums are made with nourishing ingredients that create an instantly gratifying glow.
- DiamondGlow® A non-invasive skin resurfacing treatment desgined to rejuvenate the skin. A DiamondGlow treatment simultaneously exfoliates, extracts, and infuses to reveal smoother, clearer and more even tone and texture.
- Deep Pore Detox Facial An exfoliating and stimulating deep clean for tired, overactive, congested and oily skin that isn’t getting the attention it needs. This facial will wake up your skin, extract your pores, calm, and rebalance. Not recommended for sensitive skin.
- DermaPlane Plus Dermaplaning of face and neck with the added attention of T-zone extractions and precision blended mask.
- Dynamic Duo Combines our Dermaplane Plus peel with the patented HydraFacial® MD.
- PRX-t33 Peel This advanced peel treatment will tighten skin, smooth fine lines, improve tone and texture, as well as hydrate and soften the skin. There is little to no downtime and it can be repeated every week.
- Rejuvenize. Our deepest SkinMedica peel, Rejuvenize, treats moderate to severe skin imperfections. The amount of peeling will vary depending on the condition of the skin and the degree of damage. Peeling can range from mild flaking to thin peeling sheets. This peel can be repeated every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Vitalize. This mid-level peel is appropriate for all skin types with mild to moderate damage and imperfections and can be repeated every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Illuminate. The perfect perk-up “lunchtime” peel, Illuminate brightens and polishes your skin to a beautiful glow in minimal time. This gentle peel is great on its own or can be added to a dermaplaning and facial treatment.
You may notice an immediate glow and fresh complexion following your facial, though it can take several days for your final results to develop and existing skin conditions like acne blemishes or dark spots to fade away.
Chemical peels can take longer to produce results, as the topmost layer of your skin will gradually peel away over the coming days and weeks. The length of time needed for recovery and results following your chemical peel will depend on the strength of the peel.
Most people find that a monthly facial helps to maintain their same excellent results, though chemical peels can often yield longer-lasting outcomes, sometimes lasting up to six months before a touch-up treatment may be needed.
Facials & Peels FAQ
How much do facials cost?
The cost of a facial ranges between $175-$350. The cost of your facial will depend on the specific facial you choose, the severity of the skin conditions you’d like to treat and other factors.
Do facials and peels hurt?
Facials and peels are typically well-tolerated, though you may feel slight tingling sensations during a peel. Most people find that facials are relatively pain-free and are often relaxing.